LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATION : 14 OCT 2011
Applications are invited from male candidates for recruitment as Havildar Education in Group ‘X’ and ‘Y’ in the Army Educational Corps of Indian Army.
Total Number of vacancies : 77
(a) Science Stream : 31
(b) Arts Stream : 46
Age Limit. 20 to 25 years as on First day of Recruitment Rally. Candidate are requested to contact nearest recruiting office/Zone given in Para 21 of this advertisement for date of recruitment Rally.
3. Educational Qualification:-
(a) Group ‘X’ – B.A, B.Ed / B.Sc, B.Ed / BCA/BSc(IT), B.Ed/ M.A / M.Sc / MCA from any recognized university.
(b) Group ‘Y’ – B A /B Sc/BCA/B Sc(IT) from any recognized university.
4. The candidates must have working knowledge of either English or Hindi .Should have graduated from a recognized university with atleast two of the following subjects at graduation level:-
(a) B Sc / BCA Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Electronics,Computer Science.
(b) BA English Literature, Hindi Literature, Urdu Literature, History, Geography, Political Science, Economics, Psychology, Mathematics, Sociology.
5. Physical Standards: Minimum physical standards will be as applicable to the Soldier Clerk (General Duty). The details can be obtained from any HQ Recruiting Zone / Army Recruitment Office.
7. Physical Fitness Test: Physical fitness test will be applicable as given under :-
(a) 1 mile run in maximum 6.20 minutes.
(b) Pull ups (Beam) - minimum of 6 pull ups.
(c) Zig Zag balance - must pass.
(d) 9’ Feet ditch - must pass.
chest should be well developed with minimum 5 cm expansion, should have normal
hearing in each ear. Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gums and teeth,
i.e 14 dental points. Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele,
varicose veins or piles. Should be in medical category SHAPE-1 in terms of special
Army order 6/S/2005/Rtg dt 05 Aug 2005 as amended from time to time.
9. Written Examination: Only those candidates selected in the screening and medically
fit will be permitted to appear in the written examination which will be conducted at HQ
Recruiting Zone/ IRO Delhi Cantt on 27 Nov 2011 . The written examination will consist
of one composite paper of 3 hours duration, composed of the following parts :-
(a) Part I (Compulsory for all candidates): It will consist of Section ‘A’ and
Section ‘B’. Section ‘A’ will have questions on General English of 10+2 level.
Section ‘B’ will have questions on General Knowledge of appropriate standard.
(Max Marks for each section -25, Pass Marks for each section-10).
(b) Part II (Science of B.Sc Standard): Compulsory for M.Sc/B.Sc/MCA/BCA
candidates. This part is further sub-divided into five sections covering Mathematics,
Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer Science. Candidates will be required to
attempt questions from any two sections. (Max Marks for each section-25, pass
Marks for each section-10)
(c) Part III (Humanities of B.A Standard) : Compulsory for M.A./B.A candidates.
This part is further sub-divided into four sections covering History, Geography,
Political Science and Economics. Candidates will be required to attempt questions
from any two sections. (Max Marks for each section -25, pass marks for each
(d) MA/BA candidates with Mathematics may attempt questions from Mathematics
section of part II and atleast one more section of part III.
(e) MCA candidates with Arts Subjects at graduation level may attempt questions from
Computer Section of part II and atleast one more section of part III.
(f) Answer may be given only in English or Hindi.
10. Teaching Aptitude Test/Interview : The candidates declared successful in the
above written examination and placed in the merit list will appear for Teaching Aptitude
Test and Interview to be conducted at AEC Training College & Centre Pachmarhi (MP).
Candidates qualifying in the Written Test, Teaching Aptitude Test and Interview will be
enrolled in the Army Educational Corps as per the overall merit list.
11. Conveyance: The candidates will be issued with free railway warrants for their
journey from recruiting offices (where they took the written examination) to Pipariya
(MP) and road journey warrant from Pipariya to Pachmarhi. The candidates not found
suitable for recruitment will be issued with a return journey warrant to their home
station or recruiting office whichever is nearer, by the Commandant AEC Training
College & Centre, Pachmarhi (MP).
12. Messing & Accommodation: The candidates will be provided with free messing
and accommodation during their stay at Pachmarhi for the Teaching Aptitude Test and
14. Training: Selected candidates will undergo Military and Technical Training for
approximately one year at AEC Training College & Centre, Pachmarhi (MP).
15. Pay & Allowances
(a) Group ‘X’ On completion of successful training you will be placed in the Pay
Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) as per 6th Pay Commission. You will also be entitled to
Grade Pay (Rs 2800) + Military Service Pay (Rs 2000) + Group ‘X’ Pay (Rs 1400)
(b) Group ‘Y’ On completion of successful training you will be placed in the Pay
Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) as per the 6thPay Commission. You will also be entitled to
Grade Pay (Rs 2800) + Military Service Pay (2000) per month.
16. In addition to the above, liberal pension, promotion prospects, Group Insurance, Army
Welfare Housing Scheme, 60 days Annual leave and 30 days Casual Leave, free
medical treatment for self, family and dependants, entitled ration and other allowances
as admissible to the regular Army.
17. Terms of Enrolment Individual will be enrolled for a period of 24 years with colour
service and 2 years in reserve or till they attain 49 years of age whichever is earlier.
18. Submission of Application Candidates are required to submit their duly filled Application
Form along with all required documents as per the format duly superscribed
“APPLICATION FOR HAVILDAR EDUCATION” on the top outer cover of the envelope to
the Headquarters Recruiting Zone/IRO Delhi Cantt of which the individual is domicile of.
The candidate has to appear for written examination from the same Headquarter
Recruiting Zone only. Application submitted to the Headquarter Recruiting Zone/ IRO
Delhi Cantt of which the candidate is not domicile of will be REJECTED. Last date for
receipt of application is 14 Oct 2011.
19. Candidates are advised to contact the nearest Recruiting Office for further details.
20. Enclose TWO Self Addressed stamped Registered Envelopes issued by the Department
of Post & Telegraph giving your present address with PIN Code on which the
acknowledgment/Call up notice/ rejection slip is to be sent.
21. Postal Address of Headquarters Recruiting Zones/Concerned Regimental/
1. HQ Rtg Zone 2. HQ Rtg Zone 3. HQ Rtg Zone
Chandershekhar Marg 148, Fd Marshal Fort Saint George
Ambala Cantt – 133001 KM Kariappa Roa Chennai-600009
(For Haryana and HP) Bangalore – 560025 (For Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh
(For Karnataka, Kerala Pondicheri & AN Islands)
4. HQ Rtg Zone 5. IRO 6. HQ Rtg Zone
Danapur Cantt-801503 Delhi Cantt-110010 T-23, Ridge Road
(For Bihar & Jharkhand) (For Delhi, Gurgaon, Jabalpur-482001
Faridabad& Mewat Dist (For Madhya Pradesh &
of Haryana Chattisgarh)
7. HQ Rtg Zone 8. HQ Rtg Zone 9. HQ Rtg Zone
Shastri Nagar Jalandhar Cantt-144005 1, Gorkhle Road, Kolkata
Post Box No 35 (For Punjab and J &K) (For W Bengal, Sikkim &
Jaipur (For Rajasthan) (Raj)-302016 Orissa)
10. HQ Rtg Zone 11. HQ Rtg Zone 12. HQ Rtg Zone
236, M G Road 3, Rajender Singhji Road Shillong-793001
Lucknow Cantt-226002 Pune-410001 (For NE States)
(For Uttar Predesh) (For Maharashtra, Goa
& Uttarakhand) Gujarat and UT of Diu & Daman)
1. All above terms and conditions, vacancies and selection procedures are subject to
change from time to time.
2. List of recognised universities to be verified from nearest HQ Recruiting Zone / ARO/
IRO Delhi Cantt.
3. Only Male candidates are eligible to apply.
4. Married candidates below the age of 21 years, are not eligible to apply.
5. Candidates who are serving with any organization and are selected for the interview
will produce “No Objection Certificate” from their employee at Zonal Recruiting Office
before dispatch to the AEC Training College and Centre, Pachmarhi for Teaching
6. The candidates declared successful in the written examination and short listed for
interview will be communicated about the interview dates by post through self
addressed envelopes and the list will also be displayed at respective HQ Recruiting
Zone. Candidates can check the result from respective HQ Recruiting Zone after
30 Jan 2012. Recruiting organization will not be responsible for non receipt of
communication due to postal errors and incorrect/incomplete address furnished by
7. The candidates are required to produce the following documents, when called for
(a) Character certificate by Sarpanch of the Village or authorized signatory of the
(b) Domicile/Resident/Nativity certificate from the authorized signatory of the state
(c) Original Certificate from matriculation onward and detailed Mark sheet of each
year separately pertaining to Educational qualification.
(d) NCC Certificate in original, if applicable.
(e) Son of serviceman/Ex-servicemen, son of war widow/son of widow,
certificate in original, if applicable.
For Complete details visit : http://www.davp.nic.in/WriteReadData/ADS/eng_10601_20_1112b.pdf